This document outlines how Audit4 Compliance Ltd, Southgate Business Centre, 32 Gillygate, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England WF8 2UT, handles your data, be it personal or other information. As far as possible, we’ve used plain English to explain how we respect your privacy and why you should trust us with your data.
SECTION 1: PRIVACY FOR APP USERS
How the Audit4 Service applies to you
Information that Audit4 collects
When you interact with audit4 apps, we collect and process information relating to you and your use of the Audit4 Service from a variety of sources, which are listed below, along with details of how we use this information.
Information Audit4 collects directly from you
- App data: Audit4 collects and stores the app data that you interact with, modify or submit. The administrator of your account is responsible for this data and manages it. Audit4 never creates apps that ask for personal information or data. If you have any questions about an app, please contact your administrator directly, as Audit4 is not responsible for the content of that app. The administrator is generally the account administrator.
Information we collect indirectly or passively
- User account information: You will require an Audit4 account before you can access apps created on the Audit4 platform. The administrator or your organisation account administrator will normally create your user account, and in doing so will provide us with your name, email address. These details are required in order to provide you with app user access on the Audit4 Service.
- Usage data: Audit4 collects usage data about you whenever you interact with the Audit4 Service. This may include which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, as with most websites today, Audit4 servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps. Note that Audit4 does not link this usage data to your submitted app data.
- Device data: Audit4 collects data from the device you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device make and model, performance information, and browser type. Audit4 may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data: Audit4 may records information about the source that referred you to an app (e.g. a web link or in an invite email).
- Information from page tags: Audit4 uses third-party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymised data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
How Audit4 uses collected information
The data from your app interactions is owned and managed by the administrator, and Audit4 treats that information as private to the administrator. Audit4 does not sell or make available app data to third parties, beyond what is necessary to provide the Audit4 Service, without the administrator’s instruction and Audit4 does not use any contact details collected in our customers’ apps to contact persons recorded in said app data.
Who Audit4 shares your data with
- Your data to administrators: Audit4 provides the hosting, platform and tools for administrators to create and deliver business applications to you as the app user. The administrator is the controller of all data consumed and collected by the apps they create and provide to you. Your app data and interactions (e.g. form submissions) will be provided to the administrator. Contact the administrator directly to understand how they might use your app data.
Your Data Rights
- To access and correct your app data and/or personal information, contact the administrator: Audit4 does not control your data, we only collect and processes your data on behalf of administrators. Contact the administrator if you have any questions about their apps, or if you want to access, update, or delete anything in the app data you have provided. Audit4 provides administrators with tools to maintain the data they collect through their apps. You may request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting customer support, and Audit4 will respond to your request for access or correction within a reasonable time and, where reasonable and practicable to do so, Audit4 will provide access to your personal information in the manner requested by you. However in most cases Audit4 cannot provide you with this access or correction, since app data is owned by the administrator, and giving you access may conflict with this ownership or have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
- Opt out of using Audit4-powered apps: Your use of Audit4-powered apps is voluntary and can be stopped at any time by you. Note that your employer or organisation may require you to use Audit4-powered apps as part of your activities for them, in which case you will need to address your concerns about Audit4-powered apps to them.
Security and other important information
- Security: Audit4 takes security seriously and we’re committed to processing your personal information and data with respect and integrity. However, regardless of the protections and precautions undertaken, there is always a risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, contact our support team.
- For security reasons: We store your login details in an encrypted cookie to authenticate your identity and to keep you logged into the Audit4 Service between usage sessions.
- To provide you with personalized content: Audit4 may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you: Audit4, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our marketing website or when you open emails that are sent to you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, Audit4 may evaluate which advertisements are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services.
- Online Tracking: Audit4 currently does not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanisms that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services, unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement.
- Safety of Children and COPPA: Audit4 services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 16. Audit4 does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 16 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that Audit4 has collected personal information from such a person, Audit4 may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact our support team.
Notices for European Union and United Kingdom users
- Personal data: For users located in the EU, references to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to “personal data” as defined in prevailing EU data protection regulations.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal information that Audit4 holds about you. This right may be exercised by visiting the provided “edit user” pages or by contacting our support team.
- Your responsibilities. By using the Audit4 Service, you agree to comply with adequate data protection requirements when collecting and using your app data, such as requirements to inform respondents about the specific uses and disclosures of their data.
- Your data is hosted within the EU. Provided your organisation has specified the United Kingdom or an EU country as your organisation’s location at signup for the Audit4 Service, then your data will be hosted exclusively within our West Europe data centres.
You are giving the following express consents
- You consent and agree that Audit4 and our various affiliates and sub-processors may process your data in countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection as in European Economic Area countries. Audit4 commits to having contracts in place with these affiliates and sub-processors that include similar requirements as prevailing EU data protection legislation. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. If you opt-out, we will no longer be able to provide you with the Audit4 Service.
- You consent to Audit4 sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for sub-processors and affiliates when necessary to provide the Audit4 Service.